Brinjal, badanekayi, is the king of vegetables which comes with its own crown! This is an event that will celebrate the diversity of Brinjals and contemplate our role in protecting it.
Don’t Miss the first-ever Brinjal Festival in Bangalore
Venue: MHS Hall, Lalbagh (Double road gate)
Date/Time: April 5th Sunday, 11am – 7pm
Good Food, Healthy Food, Safe Food… should be a primary concern of all of us. The Brinjal festival is an attempt to bring a better consciousness and respect for our rich diverse food. Genetically Modified (GM) food crops pose a grave threat to the diversity and to our health as consumers. Let us all make informed choices about food, one of most fundamental necessities.
What’s in store?
* Food Stalls with brinjal specials for you to savour
* Cooking competition for innovative Brinjal dishes
* Drawing competition and more fun events for kids
* Brinjal Diversity Exhibition showcasing more than 30 varieties of brinjal
* Screening of Mahesh Bhatt’s film Poison on the Platter
* Awareness campaign about GM foods and the risk to our health and environment.
* Meet scientists, farmers, doctors and Ayurveda practitioners and some well known celebrities.
To register for competitions, visit http://bangalore.aidindia.org/cms/?q=brinjalMela.
For any queries:
Sejal – 9901201279 (email@example.com)
Siddesh – 9880600840 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pulkit – 9916173750 (email@example.com)
Guru – 9845294184 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Association for India’s Development (AID)- Bangalore
Jaivika Krishi Society (JKS)
Mysore Hoticulture Society (MHS)