Number of Posts: 161
Moved from Bombay to Bangalore in search of the quiet life a few years ago. Found it and a great deal more.
Of course, life in Bangalore is no longer very quiet, but the fact remains that one can still have a life in this city.
Love Bangalore and everything about it, except the evil auto people and the horrendous traffic! The extensive tree-felling makes me immensely sad about what we're doing to the city. This is one place where you actually have the most beautiful tree-lined shaded roads - but they all seem to be disappearing under the axe of the road widening authorities. But there are people like Janet who also give me hope that we can ensure a better future for the next generation.
I am a part of two active communities in Bangalore - Runners for Life and the Bangalore Bikers Club. It makes me immensely happy to see a growing number of Bangaloreans who are taking to cycles in a bid to be a part of the solution (and not the problem).
It's a city where a lot happens. You just need to meet it half way.
- Support treeforfree.org!, 30 Apr 2009 in Announcement&City&Environment&Observations
- Walkathon: Help the blind see, 04 Mar 2009 in Activities&Events&Initiatives&Social Initiatives
- Fearless Karnataka: Let’s reclaim our space, 04 Mar 2009 in City&Crime&Events&Initiatives&Social Initiatives&Society&Uncategorized&Women
- Plans for a better Bangalore: Hop-on, Hop-off and the Big 10 services, 04 Mar 2009 in City&Government & Administration&Infrastructure&Initiatives&Public Transport&Roads
- Run, Bangalore run!, 27 Feb 2009 in Activities&Events&Extra Curricular&Sports
- Aab to Jaago Re!, 03 Dec 2008 in Activities&Announcement&City&Initiatives&Social Initiatives
- Updates on the Mumbai terror attacks, 27 Nov 2008 in Uncategorized
- A tour of the Nilgiris on cycle!, 24 Nov 2008 in Activities&Adventure&Events&Sports
- Tale of two airports, 11 Nov 2008 in BIAL&Infrastructure&Public Transport
- CM not happy with Bangalore Airport!, 12 Sep 2008 in BIAL&Infrastructure
- What happens after they’ve cut down every tree in sight?, 20 Aug 2008 in Environment&Living
- 7 blasts reported in Bangalore, 25 Jul 2008 in City&News
- New authors for Bangalore, 11 Jul 2008 in Announcement&Metroblogging
- Fit with yoga!, 08 Jul 2008 in Activities&Extra Curricular&Uncategorized
- Jolly Colours Run!, 11 Jun 2008 in Activities&Events&Extra Curricular&Running
- So now, we have BJP in Karnataka, 25 May 2008 in Uncategorized
- Ready for take-off? BIAL Airport gears up for May 23, 20 May 2008 in BIAL&City&Infrastructure
- How rich are our politicians?, 29 Apr 2008 in Politics
- Walk / run event on Sunday, 12 Apr 2008 in Activities&Events&Extra Curricular&Sports
- Let’s nurture Lalbagh, 14 Mar 2008 in Activities&Environment&Events&Social Initiatives