Bangalore Bus Day, Feb 4th 2010
1. What is Bus Day?
It is a daylong event promoting Public Transport in the city of Bengaluru on February 4th, 2010. It is an event calling all the citizens of Bengaluru to use Public Transport on Feb 4th for all their getting about in the city.
2. What is so special about Bus Day?
Bus Day has been suggested by few enthusiastic citizens . The idea behind Bus Day is to observe the changes which can be brought in the city in trying to respect · Environment · Traffic Situation · Health of individuals · Perception
3. What should be done on Bus day?
We should not use our private vehicle for one day. We use public transport, walk a little more, and tolerate waiting time.
4. Who are the people participating in Bus Day?
It is an event for all citizens of Bangalore, as well as for corporations existing in Bangalore. In other words all the individuals, companies, govt organizations, auto rickshaws, BMTC, Bangalore police… and everyone who lives in Bangalore and feels responsible for the enviroment of the city.
5. What is the responsibility of these participants?
Everyone has to either use or help others to use public transport. · As an individual we should not use our cars for the day, and only use public transport. Companies should permit all employees to come to the office by bus; Auto Rickshaws should take (hopefully) fair fare; the Traffic Police should take care of pedestrians on the day.
6. How can “Bus Day” be a success?
Bus Day will be success if we feel that roads are not congested….thatthe air is fresh..that there is less honking… If we can see a change in the traffic around us….if we cannot see the smoke rings around street lights in the night….if we can see winter fog instead of pollution fog …if,in the night sky,we can see the stars clear and bright.
BUS DAY has been planned for Thursday the 4th of February 2010 .On that day we request you to leave your personal vehicles behind and JUST TAKE THE BUS to commute!
1) Survey Link: BMTC requests you to pass this link to their survey on to everyone. It will be great if we can have the responses by sometime next week (earlier the better). An event flier ( timings, schedules and routes etc) will be emailed to the public, after receiving the responses.