The road ahead – 10 New Year Resolutions
Although a bit late, here are a few New Year resolutions for the city’s administration responsible for the development & maintenance of Bangalore’s roads.
1. Tar all the Roads at least twice this year
2. Tar those roads that have never been tarred
3. Strive towards a better coordination with the other civic bodies that need to dig up the roads for their work & ensure the refilling is done properly
4. Stop doing a patch work of potholes & do a more better & permanent job of repairing it. (From a down & up ride it is repaired to an up & down ride. Instead should strive for an even ride)
5. Provide proper & useable footpaths for pedestrians, so that they don’t spill on to the roads thereby obstructing traffic
6. Ensure All medians have clear reflectors at the beginning of it
7. Take care so that all the traffic islands look healthy
8. Ensure that any road work taken up (widening, repair etc) is completed in the quickest possible time & with the least inconvenience to the public
9. To paint all zebra crossings, stop lines etc more regularly
10. Not to act stingy with the tar when laying humps & lay good wide ones.