This Earth Day..
Let’s make the earth day an excuse to start doing simple, good thing in life.
* Let’s use public transport as much as we can. It is not as hard as some ugly people try to project it, really.
* Let’s remember that polythene bags are one of the meanest things that comes to our hands. Taking a cloth bag for shopping is easy, really. And if we are on some impulsive shopping, let’s at least pack everything in single bag, instead of taking home a dozen polythene packs.
* Garbage sucks. It is not worth leaving it on the road; not even in front of neighbor’s compound. Let’s throw it in the bin.
* Let’s use water as much as we need. Let’s not waste a drop.
* Let’s switch off those lights when we don’t need them.
* Let’s switch off the comp when we leave office, Every Day. Let’s switch off the monitor when we leave for lunch.
Let’s make every day an earth day. Let’s be selfish and keep our house – the earth clean and tidy. Like an ad from Royal Dutch Shell says, “Don’t throw anything away. There is no ‘away'”.