What does Bangalore mean to you?
Bangalore is the kind of place about which each resident will have a different picture.
For a person who has grown up here, the idea of Bangalore will be totally different than, say, a person who has been living here for the past 2-3 years.
For the former, Bangalore might mean lazy summers, cold winters, green avenues, eating at MTR and shopping in Jayanagar. For the latter, Bangalore might be Brigade Road, the glass buildings of Electronics City, and Forum Mall. The city is the same, but the perspectives are different.
As a child, to me, Bangalore meant
– My childhood home
– School and college in Malleshwaram
– Boating in Sankey Tank
– Concerts in Chowdaiah Memorial Hall and Ravindra Kalakshetra
– Shopping in Malleshwaram 8th cross and SAmpige Road
– A Weekend visit to Lalbagh/Cubbon Park
– A visit to MG-Brigade road, with lunch at Mac Fast Food and a book at Gangaram’s…
Now, Bangalore to me means
– Electronic City
– The traffic of Hosur Road
– Long walks in Jayanagar
– Movies in Inox,
– Restaurants and cafes
Two perspectives from the same person.
I would love to know what picture you have in your head … What does Bangalore mean to you?