Is Bangalore really the silicon valley of India?
[Take your time to enjoy and digest PG's articles :)]
The two main factors to create a great technology hub are: nerds and rich-men.
This relies on a great university system, socio-economic conditions, government policies (reservation?) and entrepreneurship attitude among individuals.
Some questions to think on:
1. How many nerds does Bangalore have?
2. How many startups do you know in Bangalore?
3. How many Venture Capital firms across the globe bet on Bangalore?
4. Is the fast economic growth of India (9.3% last quarter), a negative factor?
5. Is the whole load of technology work that is done is Bangalore – the so-called “software services” just mundane work and not leading edge technology?
6. Is the Indian IT workforce/companies too greedy, thereby making outsourcing less cost-effective?
I’m a great believer in India and bullish about its projected growth story. But, how many of the above questions are really valid and raise concerns?
I think we have great Indian brains, but how many of those Indian brains stay put in India? Will the US Govt.’s proposed SKIL program worsen India’s condition?
What say you?