Less for More
Bangalorians pay more for fuel when compared to other Indian cities. The recent price hike has aggravated that.
How does one mitigate the impact of this rise? Some options…
For car owners:
1. Car pool! If you don’t, you’ll end up spending too much on feeding your car. The horrible traffic makes it even worse!
2. Get a co-branded credit card to get 5% discount on fuel charges. Warning: Some banks are known to play tricks here.
For the common man, who uses public transport:
Given the fact that BMTC is one of the very few profit making transport corporations around, it is obvious that it would want to stay profitable. That’s enough rationale for the recent fare hike!
1. Unless you are not in a hurry, take a private bus. They cost a buck or two less. But, they are extremely slow and test your patience at the bus stops calling for people to board their bus.
2. If you know that you are gonna travel a lot for the whole day, get a day pass. Hassle-free and cheap!
3. For short distances, three or more people sharing an auto would be cheaper.
I couldn’t think any other ways! Earn more, Use two wheeler, Sit at home???
BTW, The Hindu reports on some novel protest ideas :)